Getting your Tennessee Home Improvement license requires you to purchase a contractor license surety bond.
The good news is the bond amount and price are not high. This video is going to help you understand at a high level what a Home Improvement license is and why the Department of Commerce and Insurance requires you to purchase a surety bond.
Make sure you read our full post about getting your Tennessee Home Improvement license. The video and article mention the Tennessee General Contractor license, which is not the same license. Make sure you understand the differences. Tennessee has different requirements based on the state, county, and city where the project is being completed.
Here are the timestamps so you can skip around:
- 00:12 - Video agenda
- 00:24 - What is the Home Improvement license?
- 00:41 - Counties where the Home Improvement license is required
- 01:01 - What is the Tennessee Contractor license
- 01:10 - Home Improvement typical jobs completed
- 01:22 - What is a Home Improvement license surety bond?
- 01:36 - Why is the Home Improvement bond required?
- 01:50 - What does the Home Improvement bond protect against?
- 02:15 - What does the Home Improvement bond cost?
- 02:52 - Exact pricing for the Home Improvement bond
- 03:05 - What happens after you purchase your bond?