ERISA stands for the Employment Retirement Income Security Act.
This was passed by the Federal Department of Labor in 1974. It sets the minimum standards for most voluntarily established retirement and health plans in the private sector. It protects the individuals who utilize the plan.
An ERISA bond is the only "fidelity bond" required by law and one of the few Federally required bonds like a freight broker bond. In this vide you'll learn more about an ERISA bond and how much coverage you should purchase. Plus you'll learn how to purchase an ERISA bond for the lowest possible price.
- 00:24 - What is a surety bond
- 00:36 - What is an ERISA bond
- 00:55 - What an ERISA bond protects against
- 01:26 - How to find the correct ERISA bond amount
- 02:38 - How much does an ERISA bond cost
- 03:03 - How to purchase an ERISA bond