Oklahoma Private Investigator and Security Guard Bonds
What is an Oklahoma Private Investigator or Security Guard Bond?
A surety bond is required in Oklahoma for licensed private investigators and security guards to ensure ethical business conduct and compliance with all laws governing the licenses. Anyone harmed financially through the principal's conduct or actions as a private investigator or security guard may be entitled to recover for injuries, loss, or damage resulting from willful, or wrongful acts or omissions on the part of the principal, its agents, officers and employees. The statutory bond amounts/ coverage required are $5,000 for self-employed unarmed private investigator or unarmed guards, or $10,000 self-employed armed private investigator or armed guards.
Purchase Your Oklahoma Private Investigator or Security Guard Bond Today
Private Investigator or Security Guard Bonds And Getting Your Oklahoma Business License/Registration
The following steps are generally required to apply for a new private investigator license in Oklahoma.
- Completed application with attachments notarized and signature notarized
- Certified court Judgment and Sentence or letter of no record for each arrest and/or charge, if applicable
- Fingerprint cards with all required information.
- Surety Bond or Letter of Employment (if applicable)
- Two passport size color photographs
- Record request completed by your local police department and sheriff's department
- Completed Agency Application if self-employed Private Investigator)
- Documented proof of experience or comparable training.
- Payment of required state licensing fee
- If not a United States Citizen, verifiable documentation of legal residence.
- For armed license, provide a current MMPI
The following steps are generally required to apply for a new security guard license in Oklahoma.
- Completed license application with attachments completed and notarized signature.
- For any arrest and/or charge, provide certified court Judgment and Sentence or letter of no record.
- Provide legible CLEET fingerprint cards with all required data
- Two current passport size color photographs or three if applying for an armed license
- Local Police Department and Sheriff Department Record Checks
- Surety Bond or Letter of Employment
- Completed agency application if self-employed Private Investigator
- Documented proof of experience or comparable training
- Payment of licensing fee
- Non United States Citizens must also provide verifiable documentation of legal residence