Skip Navigation

Alcohol Tax (Federal TTB) Brewer, Distiller and Wine Bonds

What is an Alcohol Tax Bond?

Federal surety bonds are required by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) for professionals who sell, manufacture, or distribute alcohol products including brewers, distillers and winemakers. The surety bond amounts vary and the bonds are prepared on specific forms as required by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau. In order to get an accurate premium quote, please first confirm with the Bureau the bond amount needed for your situation. Not all breweries, distilleries, and wineries are required to carry a surety bond. For more detail on TTB surety bonds requirements, see the TTB's guide to what documents are required.

Surety Bonds Direct is fully licensed and authorized to issue Federal TTB Bonds and we work exclusively with Department of Treasury approved Surety Companies (insurers).

If you are looking for a state bond rather than the federal bond, please visit our helpful guide to state by state alcohol beverage and liquor tax bonds.

How Much Does an Alcohol Tax Bond Cost?

Federal Brewer Bond
Federal Distilled Spirits Bond
Federal Wine Bond

Can't find what you're looking for? Let us help!

Get Started » or, if you'd prefer, call us at 1-800-608-9950
(No obligation, takes 2 minutes)