Skip Navigation

California Seller of Travel Bond

California Seller of Travel Bond

Get Your Free Quote

Who Requires the Seller of Travel Bond and Why Is It Needed?

Seller of Travel Bonds are required by the California Department of Justice for travel agents, tourism professionals and other parties involved in facilitating travel arrangements for consumers in California. Seller of Travel Bonds provide protection to consumers in the event of fraud, misrepresentation, or contractual breach by the agent. The bond amounts required by the Department vary for each applicant. Please confirm the specific bond amount required for your agency with the Department prior to requesting a quote.

How Much Will My Surety Bond Cost?

Take 2 minutes to provide the basic information required to get the best rates for your California Seller of Travel Bond. The quote request is free and there is no obligation to you. If you prefer, please call 1‐800‐608‐9950 to speak with one of our friendly bond experts. We can help guide you through the bonding process and identify the lowest cost in the market for your situation.

If you are interested in spreading out the cost of your bond over time, we can offer convenient financing plans for many types of surety bonds. More information will be provided with your quote.

What Does the Bond Protect Against?

The conditions of the bond are set forth in the California Business and Professions Code section 17550.11. Any passenger who sustains a monetary loss as a result of any violation of Article 2.6 by a Seller of Travel may bring an action against both the principal and the surety on this bond.

What is Needed to Obtain My License?

Ten days prior to doing business in California, applicants must complete and submit the Seller of Travel Registration Application, any required additional forms, late fees and annual registration fee for each business location. If you have questions, you may e-mail the Seller of Travel Program at: All applicants must also comply with Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation requirements. Registration will not be completed until you are issued an Acknowledgement of Registration with a Seller of Travel certificate. For more information, please contact the State of California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General and see Business and Professions Code section 17550.20.

List of California surety bonds.

Save Time Save Money

1 Form. 2 Minutes. Great Rates.

Surety Bonds Direct, LLC, Bonds Surety & Fidelity, Charleston, SC
SSL site seal - click to verify