Kansas Motor Vehicle Dealer Bonds
Kansas Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond Information
A $30,000 vehicle dealer surety bond is required in Kansas for licensed auto dealers. The surety bond guarantees compliance with provisions of the Kansas Statutes Annotated, Chapter 8, Article 24 related to the manufacture, distribution, sale, and disposal of vehicles.
What Does a Vehicle Dealer Bond Protect Against?
The surety bond protects any retail or wholesale buyer or seller of vehicles for losses sustained due to acts by the bonded licensee constituting grounds of suspension or revocation of the license. The bonded principal must faithfully comply with the applicable provisions of law, rules and regulations established by state authorities.
Kansas vehicle dealer surety bonds remain in force unless canceled by the surety company by providing 30 days advance written notice to the Department of Revenue.
Getting Your Kansas Business License or Registration
The following is an overview of key motor vehicle dealer licensing requirements in Kansas.
- Completed application
- Established place of business meeting Department requirements
- Proper zoning
- Operable telephone
- Sign in business name that meets requirements
- Tax clearance from county Treasurer
- Credit references
- Article of Corporation or other corporate documents
- $30,000 surety bond
- Certificates of insurance as required
- Licensing and application fees
- Additional items may be needed and exact requirements may vary based on applicant, license type or obligee discretion. Please see obligee and state links in the Other Helpful Information and Links section below or contact the obligee directly for more information.