Colorado Registered Outfitter Surety Bond
Colorado Outfitter Surety Bond Information
A $10,000 surety bond is required for those who have applied to the Colorado Office of Outfitters Registration for an outfitter registration. The surety bond ensures that the registered outfitter will faithfully observe and comply with all laws of the State of Colorado pertaining to the registration of outfitters, as set forth in Article 55.5, Title 2, Colorado Revised Statutes. The bond runs continuously until cancelled by the surety company through thirty days written notice to the Colorado Office of Outfitters Registration.
Getting Your Colorado Business License or Registration
The following are general steps required to apply for a Colorado Outfitter Business registration:
- Submit a completed application and all supporting documentation below to the Colorado Division of Professions and Occupations Office of Licensing–Outfitters
- Provide documentation of any name change for the responsible party and/or any business name change. If the name of the responsible party changes and was provided on a business registration ,a copy of the legal document verifying the name change. Documentation will also need to be provided to the Division for any business name change, or new DBAs being used that were not listed on the original application for registration. Please include a certificate of good standing from the Secretary of State.
- Provide a list of all officers, directors, members, partners, owners of least 10% of the entity, and other persons who have managing or controlling authority in the entity.
- Submit verification of surety bond in a minimum sum of $10,000, executed by the applicant as principal and by a surety company qualified and authorized to do business in this state as surety, conditioned upon compliance with the provisions of the law and with the rules and regulations promulgated under the law. The bond must be issued to the business entity (corporation, LLC, LTD). If you are applying as a partnership, all partners must be listed on the bond.
- Show proof of minimum liability insurance coverage in the amount of $50,000 for bodily injury to one person in any single accident and one hundred thousand dollars $100,000 for bodily injury to all persons in any single accident.
- Submit verification of first aid training for Guides. If any officer, director, member, partner, or owner of least 10% of the business partners will serve as guides for the business, each guide must possess a valid instructor’s card in first aid or standard first aid card issued by the American Red Cross or evidence of equivalent training.
- Enclose the non-refundable application processing fee as required by the Office of Licensing