California Driving School or All Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization Bond
California Driving School or All Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization Bond Information
Driving school owners and principals in all-terrain vehicle safety training organizations in California must post a $10,000 surety bond in order to legally conduct business in the state. The bonds ensure the business complies with applicable sections and chapters of the California Vehicle Code and operates in accordance with other designated rules and regulations prescribed by the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Driving School Bonds protect third parties from unethical business practices. The driving school surety bond runs concurrently with the license period and each succeeding license period for which the principal may be licensed until canceled by the surety company or the the principal.
How Much Does a Driving School or All Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization Bond Cost in California?
Can't find what you need?
Let our bond experts help!
Get Started »
No obligation, takes 2 minutes
If you'd prefer, call us at
What Does a Driving School or All Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization Bond Protect Against?
The purpose of the driving school bond is to protect against fraud or fraudulent representation on the part of the bonded school when such actions cause monetary loss to a student taking driving instruction from the applicant.
Getting Your California Business License or Registration
California All Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization Licensing Requirements. Applications require the following forms and documents:
- OL 29B, Application for Occupational License Personal History Questionnaire, Part B, Business Licensing Unit
- OL 133, All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization Insurance Certificate
- OL 216, Application for Occupational License
- OL 218, Surety Bond of Driving School Owner or All Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization ($10,000)
- DMV 8016, Request for Live Scan Clearance (receipt) - Required of each person listed on form OL 216.
- Corporate formation documents (if applicable)
- Copy of local Business License.
- Fictitious Name Statement
- Copy of rental or lease agreement
- All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization Licensing Fees