California Business Partner Automation Bond
California Business Partner Automation Bond Information
A Business Partner Automation Bond (BPA) is a surety bond required by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (CA DMV) for qualified industry participants that process and issue vehicle related documents on behalf of others. The transactions and related documentation include validated registrations cards, registered owner transfers, vehicle sales reports, duplicate titles and much more.
Getting Your California Business License or Registration
Companies with a business need to process vehicle registration and titling applications on their own behalf and meet the following requirements can become a Business Partner:
- Establish communication link with DMV.
- Have necessary programming to process vehicle registration transactions.
- Establish a database to track inventory.
- Develop a training and security awareness program for their employees or Second-Line Business Partners.
- Submit a Security Pre-implementation checklist.
- Furnish a $650,000 or $1,000,000 surety bond.
- Complete BPA Application and submit required fee.
- Provide a Statement of Personal History Questionnaire and Department of Justice fingerprints for each employee directly involved in the BPA Program.