This role will require keen attention to detail as well as direct customer interaction, so we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to ensure that our customers receive outstanding quality and service.
What does a Customer Service Rep do at Surety Bonds Direct?
You must be comfortable talking with customers from across the country who will look to you to explain surety bonds and the associated processes (training, of course, will be provided!). You'll handle email, phone, chat, and mail for customers and potential customers regarding their bonds.
After customers purchase you'll work with our insurance partners to issue the official surety bonds. This involves different processes, timing, and software depending on the partner so you’ll become a master of all things having to do with bond issuance! You'll use your tremendous attention to detail to ensure that bonds leave our office correct. For some bonds, you'll also work with some other processes and websites to file the bonds for our customers.
Time on the phone only adds up to 60-90 minutes per day so it is critical that you're prepared to work with the administration of managing the bond issuance and learning to accurately and diligently use several software systems. Training on the programs will be required, but excellent computer literacy and experience is required for consideration.
- Handle inbound customer calls from around the country and dozens of industries regarding surety bonds
- Initiate outbound calls to follow up with sureties and customers if we are waiting on bonds or information from them
- Work with our internal surety bond management system to properly track activity and ensure accuracy
- Precisely work with insurance partner software applications
- Issue change riders to officially update customer bonds as needed (e.g. address changes, business name changes)
- Issue new surety bonds
- Surety bond annual renewal processing
- Take payments over the phone
- Proven customer service experience
- Exceptional phone demeanor
- Ability to learn and master new software
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Detail dEtAiL deTAIL D-E-T-A-I-L
- Easily adapt to our changing environment as we continue to grow
- Ambitious self-starter with the drive to succeed
- Did we mention attention to detail?
- Must be a team player
- We're an insurance technology startup and even though insurance is our core business, we act more like a tech company.
- Our clothes are casual and relaxed.
- Our work ethic is highly professional.
- Proud members and residents of Charleston Digital Corridor
- We appreciate ambitious, results-driven self-starers who can maintain a fast pace.
- Micro-managing is lame so everyone is expected to take responsibility for their role and maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Conversations not related to work are strongly encouraged.
- We don't take ourselves too seriously but we take our customer service very seriously.
- Insurance experience
- Alternate languages - especially Spanish
- CRM Experience (Salesforce.com or similar)
This is a full time internal position with standard business hours in our Meeting Street office in Charleston. You will be sent a 5 min survey assessment upon submission. Only candidates who complete the assessment within 3 days will be considered.
Sorry, relocation expense reimbursement cannot be provided.
No phone calls please.
At this time, we're not working with any recruiters. We'll update the posting if this should change.